Thursday 11 February 2010

You looking at me?

I was walking through the town centre. Just minding my own business. Every so often a pretty girl would catch my eye. On the whole though, I paid nobody any attention and was generally lost in a world of my won. Pressing matters occupied my mind. What should I have for dinner tonight? Mmmmm, I fancy takeout, but it’s midweek, can I justify that?? Chinese? Indian? Subway? I carried on walking and pondering this conundrum.

Suddenly, the sky seemed to darken. Like a sixth sense I noticed him approach. His eyes locked on me as he walked towards me. I held his gaze. This dude was huge! Definitely an MMA fighter I decided. One big, bad mofo.

Like a showdown in the wild west, the town became deserted, the birds were quiet, streets empty, people fled for the safety of shops, windows were shut and boarded….I swear tumbleweed blew past me. This town ‘aint big enough for the both of us pardner.

The distance between us closed and my heart beat faster. My breath became short and I could feel my clammy hands balling in and out of fists. My pulse became loud and muffled in my ears. Ladies and Gentlemen, in the red corner weighing 170lbs we have the challenger…….Everything in life had built me up to this one moment. I stood my ground.

The gap was minimal, we continued to eyeball each other, who would make the first move?! For every action, there is an equal reaction. I was ready. He was ready. Let’s get it on!

Our paths continued past each other. Phew – he was lucky. The sky brightened, the birds began to sing, doors opened and the streets were busy once again. So what was I going to have for dinner?????

No comments:

Post a Comment